Thursday, September 1, 2011

Ahhhhhh...... Kindergarten.

I've heard a little feedback that I was noticeably quiet here last year

[cue the crickets]


I think it was, in part, due to a lack of good material.  I didn't work with my favorite source...

KINDERGARTEN

They are so innocently naive about everything that it all just comes out hysterical.  So stay tuned.  As soon as they get past the meat and potatoes of knowing what to do when I dismiss them [food pun intended, get it?  meat and potatoes?  I work in a cafeteria?]

Anywho........

They still don't know what to do when I dismiss them from their tables.
They still don't know that I AM dismissing them.
I tried explaining to them what the procedures were, but they still had the deer in headlights look.

Blissfully ignorant.  If you don't know any rules, how can you be breaking them, right?

Well, give us a few weeks to fall into a routine and I'm sure funny stuff will be oozing out of them in no time.

Until then, picture me

TRYING. TO. HERD. - - - - - - JELLO!

p.s. - wanna hear a custodian funny while the 5 year olds are warming up?  Today we served peas.  Which, of course means peas were spilled everywhere.  I mentioned to our favorite Custodian, Mr. B that there were peas spilled and his reply implied very strongly that he was not a fan of the little green balls of veggies.  I finally said 'Oh, just give peas a chance, would you?'  About ten minutes later he came up and admitted that he JUST got the joke.  Give peas (peace) a chance.  See?  I can have funny moments too!

1 comment:

Our wonderfully busy life with 4 beautiful boys......... said...

Robin, I so enjoy reading your daily funnies! Thanks for sharing.